PTO Board Introductions
- John Ball- President
- Amanda Desantis- Room Parent Coordinator
- Julie Johnson- Social Chair
- Lisa Stanelun-Fundraising chair
- Nicole Paliotti- Communications/Parent Engagement
Dr Lisi – opening remarks.
1 week in, students are still enrolling. Highest enrollment since 2013. We are off to a great start and looking forward to a great year.
President’s Update (John):
Focus on community, do as many events as possible in person. Please reach out if you want to participate on any subcommittee or help with school projects.
Parent Engagement/Communications Coordinator Update (Nicole):
Funny4Funds event, September 30th @ The Rathskeller. Doors open at 6pm. Show starts @ 7pm. We are looking for sponsorships (thru the website) and raffle prizes. Please send into the office.
Social Chair Update (Julie):
- Fall/Halloween Spooktacular Outdoor event October 16th, 100% outdoors. Cassie Barbato has volunteered to chair the event. Thank you Cassie! Ideas: Trunk or treat, scarecrow making, games, donut eating, DJ. All MCS families welcome.
- Middle School Clarke Farm event: Able to accommodate October 23rd, 5-9pm . Looking for folks to volunteer. Please contact Lisa.
- Other Events:
- Christmas Drive thru nativity
- Holiday raffle calendar
Room Parent Update (Amanda)
Thank you to new room parents, as well as veteran room parents. We are teaming up in some grades. Still working on a few classes. Class lists will be coming out this week. Amanda and Nicole to work on School Directory once class lists are finalized. Hope to have done in October.
Fundraising for specific items: Face lift for cafeteria and front bathrooms
Michelle Main: Holiday raffle fundraiser- do we want to stay within the school community or go out to local businesses for raffle prizes? Holiday bazaar vendors aren’t on board to make donations. Lisa- we would have to reach out to the community for donations.
Thanks to all for attending!