https://monsignorclarkeschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/MCS-header-6-5_w-2.png 0 0 pto https://monsignorclarkeschool.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/MCS-header-6-5_w-2.png pto2020-05-29 12:04:592020-07-28 12:08:41Virtual Field Day!
Virtual Field Day – June 5th!
We know, we know… how are we doing “field day” with no MCS fields?!! Honestly, it’s not going to be the same, just like everything during this COVID period, but we hope you still hold some MCS spirit, will make the best of the situation and join us for a morning of fun!!
- The PreK3 – 8th grade students* have been divided into 5 teams that correspond to our core values. As always, students are encourage to display their team colors in whatever means possible! –
- Blue / Leadership
- Red / Kindness
- Green / Faith
- Yellow / Service
- Orange / Respect
- Each team has a SignUpGenius sheet for activity selection –
- Each student may sign up for 4 activities within their team
- There are limited slots to each activity, so sign up ASAP to get the activities you want!
- On June 1st, any open activity slots will be available to team members in addition to their original 4
- Instructions for the activities can be found here
- Each activity has a point value. On Field Day, posting of a valid photo or video of the activity to the team’s Padlet will result in points awarded
- Style points will be rewarded! Make the activity your own!!
If you have any questions or issues with the SignUpGenius form, please text Kate Smith @ 401-369-1473 or email the PTO .
June 5th Schedule –
- 9:00am – Event Opening via Team Zooms
- 10:30am – Team Check In via Zoom
- Noon – Conclusion of Virtual Field Day
- Final Team Zooms
- Staff Challenge Event (see below)
- MCS School Raffle Drawing
Zoom info to be shared prior to event
Helpful Loom Instructional Videos –
To Summarize –
We fully acknowledge that this will require parental support in many cases. We hope that we have given enough notice and options to have a full-filled morning for your child(ren) without being too taxing. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please do not hesitate tocontact us.
* Special Note for Little Angels
We want you to participate, too!! You can choose to wear the color of your favorite school core value (listed above) and partake in a fun obstacle course! If you are in school with Miss Emily, you will do it there. If not, we will email you an obstacle course to make at home!!
Staff Challenge Event – Do You Dare Us??!!
The challenge is on!! Mrs. McLaughlin (middle school Science teacher), Buff Wessman (Religion teacher) and our beloved principal, Dr. Lisi, have agreed to a challenge! If we raise enough in donations…
- $250 – Mrs. McLaughlin will be pushed into the pool by her kids
- $500 – The McLaughlin pool pushing PLUS Mrs. Wessman will perform a newly learned TikTok dance
- $1000 – The McLaughlin pool pushing PLUS Mrs. Wessman will perform a newly learned TikTok dance PLUS Dr. Lisi will dye his hair for the farewell parade!!
* All proceeds go to the PTO Fund to assist the school in academic and extracurricular enhancing activities