Please find below information about the Christmas Festival as well as notes from last week’s PTO meeting. Email the PTO with any questions or comments.
Christmas Festival – December 15th, 2019
— How You Can Help —
- Attend the next planning meeting – Monday, November 25th @ 6pm in the conference room
- Contribute to the PTO fund to purchase supplies and items needed for gift baskets and the kitchen! (Feel free to send in cash or a check, too!)
- Provide a baked good to sell at the festival!
- Spread the word! Pick up flyers and lawn signs in the office!
- Come to the event and support the vendors and MCS!
— General Information —
- The bowling Parent Night Out was cancelled due to lack of participation…BUT: informal parent get together THIS FRIDAY! Stop by the ChopHouse Grill, starting at 7:45!
- Upcoming family social events – PTO is working on a URI basketball game in January once again. This was well attended and a lot of fun last year. Also, we will be looking to schedule a family ice skating time at Boss Arena for February / March.
- Father / Son Dodgeball event was very well attended – over 80 participants!! Thanks for coming out!
- Father / Daughter event – Lauren Maines and Melissa Wray are the co-chairs. More information coming soon.
- Mother / Son & Mother / Daughter – more information will be coming soon. Considering a survey for mother / daughter to see what type of event girls would be interested in. Email the PTO if you would like to help!
- Book fair will be the week of December 9th! Purchase some books and sign up to volunteer!
- Administrative Update –
- Sara reported update enrollment numbers.
- Proposed the PTO help bridge the financial gap for the Gaga Pit service project – PTO is open to the idea, we need additional information to vote.
- Playground committee needed! We want to support a playground refresh (paved area for 4-square, basketball area upgrade, etc.) but need volunteers. Email the PTO if interested!!
- A.M. Finlay and Amanda DeSantis have been working on a proposal for the PTO to purchase playground equipment (balls, goals, etc.). MCS Administration to discuss logistics of maintain equipment between recesses.
— Christmas Festival Notes —
- Vendors – We currently have 77 vendors signed up.
- We are in need of a Vendor Manager for the weekend of the actual event (with set up being available on Friday now, instead of Saturday, this is no longer needed).
- Additional yard signs will be ordered. The replacement fence banner will be here Monday.
- The Keramidas family has agreed to provide Subway again for the vendors.
- Sara will submit to parish bulletins a blurb about festival.
- Santa will be available 1:30 – 3pm that day. PTO will ask Chad Borke to take pics again.
- Kids craft station – Ann Borke has agreed to run the craft area once again. It is planned for the Campus Ministry Room.
- Cassie Barbato will run a Life Expression holiday workshop for gifts. A portion of the proceeds will go back to MCS.
- Hourly raffle – this will be Heather Mayo’s last year; PTO will ask Rachel Tenuta to shadow (done and she has agreed).
- Baskets – Rayleen LaRue has been gathering donations for baskets. We will make a limited number of baskets to sell. PTO will ask families for cash donations and will purchase items to make class baskets and gift baskets.
- We will bring back the bake sale. Will ask Anna Selwyn if she will chair this once again.
- Kitchen – Steve McLaughlin will run with Eddie’s BBQ. Need kitchen volunteers.
- Gift wrapping station – need to determine if we want to do this; may be too much.
- Plan to do Golden Ticket; need to figure out item.
- Next meeting – Monday, November 25th @ 6pm in the conference room.