Dr Lisi: “Thank you to all for your words of encouragement and support over the last couple of weeks. It’s been a challenging time, and we are limited as to what we can comment on so thank you for your patience. We did all we can, and our main goal is to provide a safe and productive environment. Thank you.”
President’s Update (John Ball)
- Yes, I like a sense of community, but it’s been too much this year and its only November 33%
- No, I feel you are striking the right balance: 67%
- Family- Ice skating at URI or Narragansett 61%
- Family- NE Revolution playoff game (Thanksgiving weekend) 11%
- Family- URI basketball game (Feb/March) 50%
- Family- Adventure land 44%
- Family- B Bruins Game 22%
- Shepherd’s Run- Wine and Cheese night 67%
- All South County Cinemas 28%
- Live music at Whalers or Shaidzon brewing 78%
- Sip n’ Paint with Create a Color 22%
Communication/Engagement Coordinator Update: (Nicole):
- School Directories being printed this week and will be sent home
- We didn’t make any of the minimum order requirements for spirit wear and therefore couldn’t place the orders
- Holiday breakfast for teachers- Tentative- Friday, December 15th
Social Chair Update (Julie):
- Mother/Daughter Pottery luncheon: Nov 20th, 2022 (Sat) $15 pp includes ornament/lunch (Cowabunga) Able to upgrade pottery onsite.
- Father/Son Nerf night: Jan 20, 2022 (Thurs) $15pp includes 2 hr private nerf/party room and Phil’s pizza
- Father/Daughter Dance: March 4th (tentative) (Fri) – $60/couple includes dinner, photo booth, dancing theme, looking to have kids vote on theme
- Mother/Son Bowling night: TBD, looking to include glow/ rock n’ bowling and dinner
Fundraising Chair Update (Lisa):
- Finished Mrs. Field’s fundraiser: set a modest goal of $5k in sales. We exceeded the goal, $7k +. Don’t have exact $ amount yet, but we raised about $2500 in funds for the school. Will arrive to school 2nd week in December. Comes frozen. Need volunteers to help organize for pick up or to send home with students. Please contact Lisa if you are able to volunteer.
- Giveback night: Wednesday, 11/10- 10% of total sales for the night will be donated to MCS.
- 12 days of Christmas raffle. Start selling tickets the end of this week. More to come on what prizes will be. Daily raffles. 12 chances to win. $20/ticket. Goal of selling 250 tickets. Will be able to share link with people to purchase tickets.
- 2022 planning: Golf tournament (Date TBD)
- Other ideas: Jogathon, 5k, would like input from the rest of the PTO!
Room Parent Update (Amanda):
- Sent email to Room parents yesterday to thank them for their support for book fair and spooktacular.
- Suggested start to coordinate room gifts for teachers (not mandatory). Venmo or cash app is easiest.
- Sent reminder about Giveback night @ The Flatts and Christmas raffle