We are looking for parents to help make our Christmas Festival a HUGE success
Sunday, December 4th
9:00am to 3:00pm
Monsignor Clark School
This open-to-all community event is sure to be a smashing success because of the support of MCS parents. We are still looking for help with this event so we’re bringing you this special edition PTO Newsletter as a bat-signal, looking to parents, teachers and middle school students who may be able to lend a hand.
Here’s where we could really use additional help:
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR – volunteers are needed Friday (Dec 2, 9am-noon) and Sunday (Dec 4, all day)
- BAKE SALE – we would greatly appreciate any an all donations of baked goods. These can be store bought or home made. If home made, the items need to be individually wrapped with ingredients labeled, please. Donations can be brought to MCS on Friday (Dec 2nd) and Saturday (Dec 3rd)
- SPREADING THE WORD – Very attractive event yard signs are going to be available at parent pick-up this Friday afternoon. We would greatly appreciate it if you would consider putting one up in your yard to help spread the word throughout our communities about this free-and-open-to-all holiday event!
- FRIDAY FESTIVAL PREP – volunteers are needed Friday after school. This group will decorate the school and move vendor tables (~60+) around the school. This is a wonderful job for strong, energetic individuals [we’re looking at you, dads and middle school students]. If you have decorations you’re looking to purge this year, don’t toss them, re-purpose them to the PTO! We’d be happy to take (good condition) festive décor; please contact the PTO via email to let us know you’d like to drop off items.
- SUNDAY FESTIVAL: EARLY AM and LATE PM – volunteers are needed 6:30am-9am and 4pm-6pm to help vendors load and unload and take down decorations. Double service hours will be granted to MS volunteers for these slots
- SUNDAY FESTIVAL – we’re looking for volunteers (2hr slots – select as many as you’d like). Spots are open all day and include jobs such as:
- PHOTOGRAPHER – we’re looking for someone who is willing to take photos of kids with Santa. You may bring your own camera or we can supply one (with tripod). Photos will be emailed to families.
- KITCHEN – volunteers will be putting together food orders for vendors and patrons
- KIDS GAMES & CRAFTS – great for MS volunteers
- RAFFLES – hourly raffles (on-the-hour raffle; items donated by vendors), stage raffles (raffle items supplied by PTO; announced in the afternoon) and Golden Ticket raffle (one BIG item supplied by PTO; announced in the afternoon)
- LUNCH – adults and MS volunteers can help ensure vendors lunches are delivered
- GIFT WRAPPING – we’re going to offer gift wrapping and this is another great spot for middle school volunteers (and adults)
- TEACHERS – teacher volunteers are always appreciated to help manage financial transactions
The funds generated from this massive event are poured right back into the school. The school has several capital projects they would like to tackle and this year, the PTO and MCS have their sights set on refreshing the school’s elementary bathrooms.
Wednesday, November 30th from 7pm to 8pm @ MCS Elementary Science Lab (simulcast via ZOOM)
Christmas Festival Volunteer Planning Meeting!
Calling all volunteers – please join us on Wednesday Nov 30th (7pm) via Zoom.
We will review volunteer roles and responsibilities at the upcoming Christmas Festival.
Can’t make it? You can still sign up to volunteer at the Christmas Festival.
Haven’t signed up yet? Read on for where volunteers are needed…
One of MCS’ very own middle school students will also be at the Christmas Festival executing his service project.
Please consider supporting by checking to see if you have golf gear/supplies gathering dust in your home. Set yourself a reminder to bring those down to the Christmas Festival on Sunday Dec 4th and help Anthony’s project thrive!