MCS offers athletic opportunities to middle school students. In the fall, we offer boys and girls soccer and cross country. In the winter season, interested students may play on Boys/Girls Basketball teams. Track and field, baseball and softball are offered in the spring season.
The necessary forms and information for our athletic program may be found in our handbook and also under the Athletic Participation Checklist below. MCS has notary services for your convenience.
Athletic Participation Checklist
The following is required for participation in athletics at Msgr. Matthew F. Clarke Catholic Regional School:
- A $150.00 fee per athletic sport to cover coaches, CAL and RIPCOA fees, officiating and field costs.
- Eligibility and Participation Requirements Form – signed by student and parent
- Parental Code of Conduct Form – signed by parent/guardian
- Procedure for Handling Athletic Complaints – signed by parent/guardian
- CAL Consent and Assumption of Risk Form 2016-2017 – signed by parent/guardian
- Principal’s Committee on Athletics Grade 6-8 Assumption of Risk – signed by parent/guardian page 39
- Concussion Pamphlet found on the homepage of the Rhode Island Interscholastic League website
- Transportation Release Authorization Form (link form) – may be completed at start of season to allow students to be released to listed adults from games or practices throughout the season
- Transportation Release Authorization for carpooling when necessary (link form)
Please contact John Hooper, Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.