Monsignor Clarke School strongly believes in the education of the “Whole Child”, academically, physically, socially, and spiritually through music and visual arts. The program includes all students from Pre-K through grade 8.
The mission of the music program at Monsignor Clarke is to, across all grade levels, help students do the following:
- Sing with proper vocal technique
- Become musically literate at an age-appropriate level
- Understand the role of music at Mass
- Identify the different instrument families and their characteristics
- Learn about several prominent composers from music history
- Prepare two pieces for performance at the annual Christmas concert
Using a spiral curriculum, key concepts are re-introduced each year and expanded upon for deeper understanding, leading to mastery of skills and an easier ability to tackle more complex ideas.
Students in pre-k through 8th grade attend weekly art classes where they explore every medium from painting, drawing, sculpture, and ceramics (utilizing the school’s kiln) and learn concepts such as color theory, shading techniques and drawing in perspective.
Our physical education curriculum is designed to promote an active lifestyle and to improve health, motor skill development, cognitive performance and social skills.